+ Pages +

Monday, November 03, 2008

Our Lady of 121st Street has finally come to an end yesterday.
We spent 4 hours cleaning up the entire theatre after that, including moving the entire seat platform, taking down all the lights and scenery and transporting it to the university's 'store room' which is located at the old scary looking but beautifully designed East Campus which was used as an asylum.

Haha. Sounds like a great place for a Horror Movies to be filmed.


Sad to say that the show has come to an end.
The show received many positive reviews. Many of my friends came back to watch it the 2nd time and we even broke the record by getting an oversold house on Saturday. All of us casts, crews, director, assistant director and managers had so much fun growing and learning from each other although we have only been together for about two months.

Definitely a bittersweet experience.

The best part about it was that everyone was so supportive of each other especially the girls who share my fitting room. I remember praying together for each other whenever we felt depressed and I was definitely grateful for having them hug me tight and praying for me when I was crying because I was extremely home sick.

I considered myself lucky for having suck an amazing cast, a super awesome director and a fantastic script to work with for my Debut.

Another good news,
I GOT CAST IN MY FIRST MUSICAL HERE AT WMU FOR NEXT SEMESTER!!!
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My time has finally come.

No comments: