+ Pages +

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Woe to Pain

An infection in the gums, my fifth sty of the semester, a slight fever this morning, diarrhea, a freaking thumb nail that is falling off...
All in finals week.

Darn it


I finally went to the ophthalmologist today after three times of going to the Health Center on Campus with no improvement at all.

Guess how much was my medical fee?

$100
Thank God for insurance, I only paid $10

Wanna guess how much was my eye medication?

$108 for a teeny tiny tube of lubricant
Thank God for insurance, I only paid $20



Medical fees here in the Freaking States cost so much. Why la?

4 comments:

Bobo said...

Yeap I paid around 300 bucks for seeing a gynecologist in Bronso... I have to pay the full fee for tat =(
I want to know why too

*YenN* said...

I learned that I should call the insurance company to check which center is it linked to so i can get covered by them cuz if i pay without coverage, it would be too expensive.... crazy

Bobo said...

Which insurance company u're using?

*YenN* said...

Aetna lo... the student insurance provided by the university
the one that is the most expensive in our tuition fee every semester