+ Pages +

Sunday, January 04, 2009

The New Year


I know that I am too late for this.

Everyone has been talking about their plans and bloggers at the same time posted their New Year Resolutions and their journey through the year 2008 even before the New Year started. I, on the other hand, am still thinking, doubting, and hoping for the best for this year and am very thankful for everything I have gone through and learned last year.

What’s up with the New Year?

Before even posting my New Year resolutions online, I have already broken one of them.

So I guess I should not be too ambitious and not fulfill my resolutions, and just stick to the simplest things I can do to change my life.

Celebrations of the New Year are over rated.

Like, seriously.

It is like Saint Patrick’s Day and Christmas, where the true meaning of the holidays have been ripped off to the very last bit. Christmas for instance is all about the birth of Christ and giving thanks to God for sending his son… and the story goes on.

But what has it become right now?

Besides shopping, presents, and more presents, it is probably the season of people spending till they become broke, and malls getting all the profit as the materialistic crowd increases year after year.

Prove. Ain’t it obvious?

Young girls, barely the age of fifteen blogging about how many Guess bags they got for their Christmas presents and how many more Gucci purses they hope that they will get for the coming New Year.

Heck. Life is getting more and more shallow and sooner or later, EVERYTHING will be about being seen and popular.

Well, then again not everyone in the world has that mentality about life. So why am I complaining.

Let’s cut the crap shall we? Back to resolutions.

I am out of shape. Very out of shape for a person who is in the entertainment industry. I admit that I have not been taking care of myself and I have been taking my health and sleep for granted.

This year will be all about my well-being.


RESOLUTION ONE: To workout at least three times every studying week.

RESOLUTION TWO: No more snacks after dinner except fruits.


Simple and practical.


I must do it

I can do it.

I will do it.

Till then, I am so darn excited for what this year has for me.

Bring it on babeh!

No comments: