+ Pages +

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Finally I had the chance to upload the videos Jeph recorded for me.



I am taking a stage reading class this semester. It is a class about how musicals are brought together. We were really excited for the performance and like the other stage reading performances, we only anticipated 30 people for 2 shows.
The crazy thing was, more than a hundred people turned up just for the first show and it was probably the biggest audience throughout the past few years.

I am grateful for my supportive friends who came and watched the show and I am happy that you all liked it. :)

The feeling, Amazing



The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee is a one act musical comedy with music and lyrics by William Finn and a book by Rachel Sheinkin. The show centers around a fictional spelling bee set in a geographically ambiguous Putnam Valley Middle School (however, Putnam County, NY does have a village called Putnam Valley). Six quirky adolescents compete in the Bee, run by three equally-quirky grown-ups.

My character Marcy Park is a recent transfer from Virginia, Marcy placed 9th in last year’s nationals. She speaks six languages, is a member of all-American hockey, a championship rugby player, plays Chopin and Mozart on multiple instruments, sleeps only three hours a night, hides in the bathroom cabinet, and is getting very tired of always winning. She is the poster child for the Over-Achieving Asian, and attends a Catholic school called "Our Lady of Intermittent Sorrows." She is also not allowed to cry.
*Sounds like a typical super competitive Asian child huh.*

quoted from wikipedia.com

So this was my scene....



I Speak Six Languages



Another interesting scene...



Pandemonium: [pan-duh-moh-nee-uhm]

wild uproar or unrestrained disorder; tumult or chaos.
Explains why we were crazy and chaotic at the end of the song :)



Anyway, I will be leaving off to New York City tomorrow and I am nothing but excited.
Manhattan, Times, Square, Ellis Island, and of course, Lion King the Musical,
Here I come!!!!

No comments: