+ Pages +

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Homecooked

What do you do when you have Eggplant (Brinjal as Malaysians call it), egg, and minced meat?


Since I don't remember when was the last time I made something to eat, Jeph and I decided that it is a must that we make a meal together.

First thing I thought, I have dozens of herbal soup I have from Malaysia!
Set. That'll be it. But what else?
Jeph suggested Torta (Filipino egg dish with minced meat, eggplant, and other seasonings).

So we bought all the stuff that we needed. Mainly eggs, eggplant, meat, and nothing more.


Here's Torta.
Looks almost like our usually omelette with onions except that it's with minced meat and eggplant.


My super easy and favorite herbal soup which reminds me of Grandma because she always makes the best soups.


And....... the best and spontaneous dish of the day made with leftovers of Torta.

Stuffed Eggplant!!!!
Oh my gosh... it tasted so darn good. It reminded me of eating in a prestigious Chinese Restaurant back home. You know the ones in weddings with 9 different courses of meals... gosh I miss those :(
Yeah, that was how it tasted like. And it was so darn easy to make!!!!!
Marinate marinate marinate...stuff the darn thing into the eggplant and it's done!


Here's the happy souls devouring the yummy dinner.
Hehe... I'm so proud of myself :)






One more day of class girl... hang on.
You are almost there, then you have 4 whole months of holiday.
zzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzz..........

No comments: