+ Pages +

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good Morning.

It's 9am now.
It's a beautiful Saturday morning and I am wondering why am I even awake at this time of the weekend. I was hanging out at a friend's for a birthday party yesterday night till 2am only to realize that I have work at 6.30am this morning.
I can't possibly call-in 'sick' can I?
Nope, it's a supervising shift and I have to open the cafeteria. Don't wanna get to the bad side of the managers. I think I'll just have to wake up.
I had less than 4 hours of sleep and I was telling myself yesterday night before I sleep,
"Girl, waking up at 6am in the morning for work, this better be worth it."

I dragged myself up this morning, took a half jog to work since I did not have the luxury of Jeph's car today. Came to work, had 2 of my workers late so I had to open the cafeteria all by myself.
Stayed here for three hours, and finally my shift has ended.

Guess what?
Throughout the entire three hours of work, I only had ONE customer.
ONE freaking customer!!! I mean it's not that I didn't see it coming, since its summer, people party the night before, and who the hell wants to wake up so early to eat freaking breakfast on a Saturday morning?!
Not only that, that one freaking customer had one heck of a grumpy mood.
Or maybe we were too cheerful for him to handle?

Yenn: Morning!!!! *BIG WIDE SMILE* Guess what? You are our first customer of the day!
Grumpy customer: *Nods head and totally ignored me*
Cooks chilling in the dining: *BIG WIDE SMILE* Good Morning!
Grumpy customer: *Ignore*
Dish room Supervisor: *BIG WIDE SMILE* Good morning! Wow. You're our first customer!
Grumpy Customer: *walks away*

Hah. So much for appreciating good service.
Do you know how many BIG WIDE SMILES we gave you?
Bet you either got knocked up yesterday night, or you were deaf.


BbbaHHHhh!



On the other hand, it's a pretty day out!!!!!!! Whee*

3 comments:

giam2020 said...

Maybe, since your service was so good
and he being the only customer around
you would expect more tips from him.

*YenN* said...

See... the thing is that its a campus cafeteria buffet style. there's no tips involved. :(

giam2020 said...

Then he must have got up from the wrong side of the bed.