+ Pages +

Friday, August 14, 2009

When Tears Kick In

I always get so emotional during the day before and the day of Opening Nights just because everyone around me has their family, aunts, grandparents, cousins, and best friends from home to come watch their show, and I would be left with nothing to say because my family is so far away from.
We had our show preview yesterday for patrons and the boards members who supported our theatre company, and after the show there was a talk back.



"I am speechless, there is nothing I can say about the work that you al have put together. I can't put it into words."

"I have seen the Chicago production, and the Broadway tour. I would say that this is probably the best!"

"You all did a wonderful job. It is so funny, and yet it touches you without knowing it."

"This role is perfect for you. After you graduate, and if there are more productions of it, you will be booked just like that. You expression is priceless."



How can I help but to not cry?
It is my first professional production and my family won't be here to watch and be proud of me. Boy, I was devastated.
I spoke to my director about recording the show and sending a copy back home.
Being a sweetheart as he is, he agreed.



After the preview, the cast members and I decided to watch the stars at the beach.
One word. Amazing.
There were so many stars in the clear sky. Usually I would easily pick out the Orion's Belt, the Big Dipper, and the North star. But the sky was just filled, that I could not even figure out which was which.
I saw my first shooting star, and not only did I see ONE.
I swear, I saw at least 9 shooting stars yesterday night.




And I wished, that my family would be next to me.

2 comments:

DarLyNn said...

I always had faith in you. Remember that your family members are always for you, through thick and thin...no matter how physically far away they are from you. That PARK girl is sooo your role. lol.

Send the video!! I wanna see it! I love you ah.

Aja-aja fighting!!

reenz said...

i wan c the video too!!!

and wow 9 shooting stars!
eh.wished on stars sumtimes do come true. at least mine did :P