+ Pages +

Monday, September 14, 2009

Caught my Heart and Soul

Remember I was talking about watching the musical Next to Normal?

Well, I just did and even though I bought the cheapest tickets (yeah, I am kiam siap like that) available and sat at the last row of the theatre, I was AMAZED, AWED, and MESMERIZED by the extremely well written musical and its extremely talented performers.
I was literally bawling out of my skull in sadness and happiness all at the same time just because the music and story was so touching and really, if you want me to explain how it feels, it would be like someone reaching into your heart and grabbing it.
Okay, maybe not like that. But you know what I mean.

Next to Normal is a Tony Award winning rock musical with book and lyrics by Brian Yorkey and music by Tom Kitt. Its story concerns a mother who struggles with worsening bipolar disorder and the effect that her illness has on her family. The musical also addresses such issues as grieving a loss, suicide, drug abuse, ethics in modern psychiatry, and suburban life.
wikipedia.com

Sounds boring? HELL NO!
I mean, if I didn't know anything about this musical and read that paragraph which I just copied and paste from wikipedia.com, I wouldn't be interested.
But, it was amazing.

I can't express myself right now.
It was breath taking and I am still struck by awe.
Not only the musical was great, it reminded me of why I am doing what I am doing.
I am inspired and this is the reason why I am pursuing this.
Yes, I love performing... blah blah blah.... its getting boring now.
BUT, it would be an honor to make people feel how I am feeling right now.
I want to touch people's lives through doing what I love doing the most.



I don't wanna go back to Kalamazoo :(
*sobs*

No comments: