+ Pages +

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Show Must Go On

So this past week was spent on long rehearsals, full dress, tech, Opening night, to the Sunday Matinee Show. Not that I am complaining about the long time spent in the entire process, but I would be lying to myself and everyone if I smiled and said I love every minute of this.
Right. I know that I will and want to do this for the rest of my life, but sometimes in whatever circumstances, the show MUST go on.

Last Sunday during the Matinee performance, my underskirt aka. bloomers fell on stage TWICE in the first act! And I only go on stage 3 times during the first act. Damn it.
I sang the wrong pitch (but it was when everyone else was singing so I doubt anyone heard it, but still I felt stupid), I bowed with the boys, instead on just bowing with the girls and I was the only one who did that.
There's a part when my dance partner lifted me and sat me on the table. Instead of doing that, I was rammed unto the corner of that uber hardwood table and got a fat a** bruise on my left hip bone. But that didn't happen on Sunday. Still, I was in great pain, and I had to smile my way through the end of the dance.

I don't know what was I thinking. I was just out of my mind! Bleh.
As I've said, the show MUST GO ON.

When I was in Saugatuck, I never felt exhausted in anyway because that was all we did. I loved performing every night and we did 6 shows a week for 3 weeks! I was not bored at all. Lived the life of a Rock Star. And right now, I am tired. The only thing that is keeping me for screaming at the top of my lungs is that 2 extra days off for Thanksgiving Break.

I love what I do, I am just riding the struggle bus between being so physical in my 3 dance classes, memorizing lines in a different dialect in my Acting class, work, and then go do the show at night, and continue memorizing more lines in between. By the time I get home, I don't even wanna shower anymore. I just want to pass out!

I can do this. I can do this. And this will make me a better person.

On the other hand, I auditioned for Chicago (the Musical of course) and I was one of the three girls to get called back for Velma (Catherine Zeta Jones' part in the movie). I am freaking happy!
*more lines to memorize. Wtv.*
Call backs are this Saturday. Please pray for me. I really want this. I'm going to graduate with a bang!!!!




Note to self. Keep holding on, cuz you're gonna make it through.
Things will be awesome after this week.
:)

3 comments:

keetz said...

heys all the best for the chicago audition!!! i LOVE tat musical!

and yesh i envy you.wanna perform too >.<

keetz said...

woops tat was me,renee hahaha

Bobostephanie said...

Good luck babe!! I love Chicago the musical will def watch it again especially If u're in it =D