+ Pages +

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Late Night Broadway

This is how I feel, and the only song that I can relate the most to right now is.....


I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

I gotta feeling that tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good night
That tonight’s gonna be a good good night
Tonight’s the night night
Let’s live it up
I got my money
Let’s spend it up
Go out and smash it
Like Oh My God
Jump off that sofa
Let’s get get OFF



Gosh, I am so excited. It finally hit me. I am finally a senior. Less than 6 months to graduate. Where do I go from here?
We'll be performing our Senior Showcase tonight, the same Showcase that we'll be performing in Spring in front of Casting Directors, Agents, and other important people in the industry.
OHMYGAWD I am overwhelmed right now. This is it.

We have been working with Broadway Star Julia Murney for the past few days since coming back from Thanksgiving Break and it is the most amazing educational experience that I have ever had in my entire theatre life! No I'm not exaggerating.
She's just brilliant. So specific, she's like a walking book of acting choices and ideas.
Despite being big a** Broadway star, she is incredibly down to earth and it just inspires me even more.
Love her.

Here's her short clip in Sex and the City.




:)


Till then.
Wish my legs broken!

2 comments:

bettie9945 said...

I saw your post via my GoogleAlert for Julia. I am one of her fans out in Cali...much too far from NYC. So, are you going to be in the shows this weekend? I would love to hear all about them (maybe someone in the audience will be taping it. It should be epic).
Anyway, do post about it or contact my e-mail, really, I am always happy to hear about the wonderful Murney. Bettie

*YenN* said...

Hi!

Apparently, we were not allowed to tape her performing because of copyrights and all. However, we managed to snap some pictures.
The school will be professionally videotaping the entire show tonight. I am not sure about Julia's performance though. We'll see!

Thanks!!