I just got done eating a scrumptious meal of babi.
I kinda felt extremely proud of myself for making Coke Pork, and as weird as it sounds, it tasted bloody good. I reminded me of something my grandmother and my dad's second sister made.
which means it's damngoodwannaeatsomemore
Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures of it because I wasn't expecting it to taste extremely good, and plus, my camera battery has been dead since the New York Trip about a month ago, and I still have not charged it yet.
Then again, it was cooked in a large pot and all you could see was black sauce and meat, so even if I took a picture of it, you would probably barf and not believe me saying that it was freaking delicious :)
It was probably the easiest dish that I have ever made. Perfect if you were busy because all you need is 5 minutes in the morning before you go to class/work, and you come home to a welcoming aromatic smell and an amazing dish.
YOU MUST TRY IT!
Coke Pork Stew
Things you need
1 Bottle of Coca-cola (I only used half of the 2 litre bottle)
4 pieces of center cut pork (looks like what they used for pork chop)
2 Cloves of garlic
Ginger (depending on taste)
Dried chili *if you like*
1. Dice garlic into teeney tiny pieces.
2. Peel ginger and slice them into thin strips (like how you would for steaming fish)
3. Saute garlic and ginger *and add if dried chili if you have some*
4. Place pork and half a bottle of Coca-cola into crockpot/slow cooker and let it simmer on HI between 6-8 hours so the meat would be tender.
5. *after 8 hours* Pour in a tablespoon of oyster sauce and a dash of salt.
6. Stir (how easy is that)
7 Serve with white rice
Easy as Uno Dos Tres?
Besides Coke Babi, I also made a stir fry dish, mainly just because I hate a meal with no vegetables. Here's the homemade recipe.
Black Bean Pea Pod Pork Stir Fry
Things you need
2 pieces of center cut pork
1 big handful and a half of Pea Pods
1 big handful and a half of sliced water chestnuts
1 handful of bamboo shoots
2 sticks of celery
Black Bean Paste
4 large Garlic cloves
Hebee (dried baby prawn)
1. Cut pork into strips
2. Marinate pork with Soy Sauce, a dash of Chili Powder, Pepper, and Sugar
3. If you could, marinate it for as long as you can, either overnight or just 8 hours
*hint- you can do it the same time when you put your Coke Babi into the Crockpot*
4. *After marinating, 20 minutes before meal time* Chop and dice Garlic and Sweet Onion
5. Heat pan with oil and saute garlic, hebee, dried chili, and sweet onion.
6. Add a tablespoon and a half of Black Bean Paste
7. Add marinated meat and stir
8. Add celery, water chestnuts, bamboo, and pea pod
9. Add 1/8 cup of water just so it doesn't dry out
10. Add a pinch of salt and STIR FRY!!!!!
You should totally try it and let me know how it turned out :)