+ Pages +

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Blueberry & Strawberry Poundcake


Wow, I actually have time to blog. The only reason is because I just got done with my 6 and half hour shift of work and am on campus waiting for my 6pm call time for my second last show of CHICAGO, and my dear roomie uploaded the pictures that I took with her awesome DSLR during my baking session.

So, here ya go.
One of the few things that I found myself liking to do is baking, I'm sure I have said that.

It gives me a sense of peace and it relaxes me after my long hectic days. Still, I am incredibly new at it. I would love to bake with more complex recipes, but I guess that I don't have the balls to try it just yet, and I have no money to invest on nicer pans. Yup, all my baking is done on my faithful 11 x 7 x 2 pan which is not even mine. LOL.



So here's the recipe for Yenn's Blueberry and Strawberry Poundcake.
adapted and edited from rasamalaysia.com


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup butter (softened)

2 cups brown sugar

4 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups flour divided

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 cups fresh blueberries

1 cups fresh strawberries

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.

Dredge berries in remaining flour. Gently fold floured berries into the batter. Grease and dust the bundt pan (or tube pan) with flour; pour batter into it. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until it’s done.



Mix em butter and eggs


Blueberries and Strawberries

Mix em all ingredients. Don't over mix the batter or else it would taste like rubber

That's me!

Spread em properly

Like that

45 minutes later

After cooling

Cut em up and serve!



Result

Taste was so-so. It wasn't as awesome as the Chocochip walnut Banana bread I baked 2 weeks ago. Well, maybe because I scrooged a little on sugar (because I didn't want it to be unhealthy!).

In Future

I will top the Poundcake with Lemon or Orange glaze for more fruity flavor.








Till then, CHICAGO tonight and my Framily with be watching!
yay








No comments: