+ Pages +

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My American Dream

Last day of the run. One more matinee show and I'll be back in the zoo packing up 3 years of my life and moving on to the next phase, the concrete jungle, the American dream.
Bloody hell, my stomach is churning just by thinking about it. I don't know if it is just anxiety or a mixture of excitement, joy, and 10 thousand other feelings inside me. Since I have graduated, I have not really felt like I am moving on just because I am still living in the same town (or many very close to the same town), and I am still living amongst the same group of people that I have been with for the past 3 years.
This time it is for real. It is a HUGE move for me.
I don't know how would I feel like giving away all the unnecessary nonsense that I have collected over the course of three years. It's like giving my life away! Ok, maybe not so dramatic. But you know what I mean.

I have started submitting myself to auditions in NYC and every time I click *submit* I pray, pray, pray, and hope that I will get an email or a call, or something back from the casting director. A couple of days ago I saw the listing for Spelling Bee in Miami. Of course I submitted myself to it, then I found out that due to popular demand, they will only be seeing Equity Actors. I am devastated.
I just want to work. I just want to work. I just want to work and stay here!

God please let me work. Let me stay. Let me live my American dream!

No comments: