+ Pages +

Friday, August 06, 2010

Day 13

Just got back home from 2 auditions. One for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Tour. The other for Show Choir! for the New York Musical Festival. Both which I would die to be in because Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a tour and is pays freaking well, Show Choir! because Who doesn't want to perform in the New York Musical Festival?

Anyway, I'm slowly getting used to the idea of 'Hoping for the Best and Expecting the Worst' because that will keep my soul alive after being turned down over and over and over again at auditions and job interviews. Don't get me wrong, I still have not started hating what I do. In fact, I know those people want me. Every time I walk in the door, they want me to be 'the one' because they would be able to stop holding long ass auditions for the 'perfect one' right? That's one of the biggest things I learned at school to overcome nervousness and fear. Is that, those people don't hate you at all and they always want the best of you. So, I just gotta be there at the right place at the right time eh?!

I've been up and about since I've came here. Did a couple of auditions for musicals, some for commercials, and went on a bunch of side income interviews. I just want an income so I can start going to the gym and all and live comfortably. Hope I get a job soon. Whether hosting at a fine dining Asian restaurant or working the counter of a cupcake company, hopefully I get something soon.

It's Saturday tomorrow. Got a call back from Show Choir! the Musical. Pray for me please please please.
And out for my first club scene in New York!


1 comment:

Bill Jones said...

Sue-Yenn: So glad that you're in NYC and pounding the pavement. Word of advice from a couple of actor friends of mine: YOU MUST GET AN AGENT. Website based cattle calls are not an efficient way to go. Ask around for good agents. Sneakily find out from others at the same auditions that you're trying out for. I'll ask my friends whom they recommend. But, none of them are into song and dance. So, maybe nothing will come of it.

Don't give up -- ever! You've got exceptional talent just bursting out of you.

-- Bill Jones