+ Pages +

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Great Day

I woke up this morning feeling the worst. Some days at certain times of the month, I just hate myself for being a woman. Seriously, the pains the we women have to go through are insane. Dear God, why? The pains around my lower abdomen was excruciating as I imagined the walls of my uterus being teared down and shredded to pieces. Ugh. Not a pleasant sight. Why am I even talking about this. My point is, I was in so much pain that I wanted to stab myself.

What else, I felt like I got punched in the eye because out of the blue, my right eye developed a stye. Oh goodness, I hate styes. I had them for as long as an entire semester, bouncing from one eye to the other and I had no choice but to spend a sh*t ton of money at the optometrist only for the doctor to tell me to wash my eyes with baby shampoo, do the whole head compress routine, and eye ointment. Which I have known all along and have been doing. Dear Stye, why do you love me so much?

Despite all that, I had a great day today :)

Went to my audition for a tour of Virtually Me! this morning. Didn't sound the best because I my warm ups were never enough for me when I wake up in the morning. I usually lock myself in the bathroom and do all the usual OOoos and AAHhhhhs praying that I won't wake my poor room mate and neighbors up. I really don't like the idea of paper thin walls here. It sucks. but I still got to do what I got to do. It's either I don't warm up at all and sound like a frog, or I warm up a lil and sound less like a frog, but still a frog because it's the morning voice. Lol. Anyhow, the audition went pretty well. I got to read the sides and the character is a high school text-a-holic. Cute.

After that, I made my way downtown to the financial district for another job interview with a high class pastry/bakery/coffee shop. Did the usual, changed into my heels at the corner of building (plainly because I couldn't walk in heels for the entire day), entered the building with my friendliest smile, filled in the application form given to me by the host, and waited for the interviewer to call my name. As soon as he did, I walked to the corner of the room where he was comfortably sitting at. A grey haired man with an extremely genuine smile greeted me with a handshake. He asked me questions about my previous employment at Michigan and my duties as a supervisor. Finally, he said, "So how long have you been job searching?" I replied, "Since I got here. almost three weeks now." He them looked at me and smiled, "Well, I think I am going to give you a shot."

I felt on top of the world! I tried containing my excitement, acting as cool as I could, yet appreciative at the same time. It's not a glamorous job working at the pastry/bakery/coffee place, but for now, I am extremely glad! I just needed some sort of income to support myself because I don't know how long will my savings last me. Honestly, I was hoping to work either with a catering company or a fine dining restaurant. But with ZERO experience in New York, I don't stand a chance compared to people that have been in the city for a while. So what if I was a supervisor at the dining that I worked at for 2 years? I still had no serving experience because whenever I worked back home, it was at my mom's kindergarten. I remembered her forcing me to quit my job as a waitress after being there for only one day because she wanted me to help her in the kindergarten and I was extremely upset. Lol. and that was four years ago. Bottom line, thank God.

While I was making my way back, I got a call from a casting company asking to schedule an appointment for the role of Marcy Park in Spelling Bee. Before, I was worried that I would not be seen due to the fact that I am non equity and did not have an agent. But thankfully, my previous director helped me pull some strings and finally my resume and headshot managed to make it's way to the casting company's hand. Not only I don't have to wait all day to be seen, I have my own appointment! Awesome. I really hope something good comes out of this. God is good.

I came home and read my emails, found out that I was featured in an online magazine. Not a huge famous one, but cool enough eh?

http://www.theasianicdaily.com/

I think I will only be on it for today or maybe a week. We'll see :)


Lynn is making Bittergourd Anchovy Soup and Noodle. Ah... reminds me of home.
Couldn't this day be better.


:)

No comments: