+ Pages +

Monday, August 23, 2010

Medical Fees

I have been feeling sick recently. I knew the symptoms the minute it showed and have been downing exceptional amounts of h2o to make myself get better so soon as I could. The pains in my lower abdomen is just killing me. On Friday night, I didn't sleep at all. Worst, I had an early shift the next day at work. Thank God that it was only six hours long. Saturday I felt better and I thought, "Thank goodness I don't have to admit myself to a clinic because I am certainly not willing to pay for the fees." Damn it. I think I jinxed it.
Today at work, I was in so much pain. Besides my 30 minute break, I stood for 8 hours straight at the cashier tending to customers' needs. I couldn't take it anymore. I told myself that I will have to go to the emergency room if this persists. I looked up information on free clinics and urgent care. Unfortunately, I would have to see a social worker before I can actually use the free clinic services.

After work, I headed to the nearest walk-in clinic.
Guess how much I spent?
$200+ just for seeing a doctor for less than 5 freaking minutes!
I mean, I knew my symptoms. I knew what I had. I just needed a freaking prescription and I have to spend $150 on getting the confirmation from the doctor before buying antibiotics. Argh.

Medical fees are so damn expensive!
I missed the cheap family walk in clinics back home, where it is almost impossible to spend more than $100 on both medication, prescription, and medication! I think if I were to have a major illness (touch wood touch wood touch wood) I might rather die than to pay for it. I mean seriously, what if I am a homeless person and I have absolutely NO money at all? How can I pay for my medical fees?

Seriously, if I wasn't peeing blood and having my lower abdomen killing me and my kidneys so sore, I wouldn't even go see a doctor :(

Dear God, why am I so poor.
*sobs*

Woe is me.

No comments: