+ Pages +

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's going on?

Hello Blog,

Sorry that I have neglected you.
You see, I have been busy looking for jobs and auditions. Besides that, I either hung out with friends, chilled at home, or build new bookcases for our teeny tiny cramped up room that my dear sister and I now share. 

I have been blessed with a job at a high end French bakery and coffee place. I went to my first training yesterday and it got me really excited to start. Unfortunately I had an important audition today, hence it was pushed back to tomorrow. I was little bit disappointed but it certainly gave me a taste of how my life is going to be for the next few years. Juggling between work for money and auditions for interest. I have to keep reminding myself that I need to set my priority straight. Yes, I need to fill my tummy and pay rent. However, the reason why I came all the way to New York City is to chase my dream. Auditions come first, then my jobs.

Speaking of auditions, I auditioned for the role of Marcy Park for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee again. This is probably the 3rd Marcy Park audition that I went to since I got here. I was confident with my past 'Marcy Park' auditions because first of all, I know the show inside and out as I have performed the role. Second, I know I stand out because of certain things I do during the audition. I have gotten positive feedback for all of my Marcy Park auditions, problem is that I did not get the part because there is always someone out there who is MUCH better than I am, who STAND OUT more. I have come to accept the fact that I will probably have to audition that part which is perfect for me for the next 50 times before I actually get to play that role again. But please. Dear God, deep in my heart I know that I don't deserve to get a gig compared to the millions who have been in this business earlier than I have been. Please give me a chance and let me get that part. Argh. Show Business. Tough Luck.

On the other hand, I need to get myself out there and stop being a homebody! 
You'd think that, "Wow. Sue-Yenn is such a happening person, so bubbly, and jumpy all the time." Well, truth is, I am as lazy as can be when it comes to going out. Sometimes I need to be dragged out to actually go out and socialize. I just love the comfort of being home, doing my own thing. Well, now that I am here in New York, I definitely need to break that and get a life. Thank God for my dear sister who have been here four months before I did. I got to know a bunch of Malaysians without even having to go through forums and meet-ups like how Lynn did when she first got here.


And the good thing is that we all share the same passion. Food!


Owh well, last day of lazing around. Intensive work training starts tomorrow so wish me luck and hopefully I get to impress the manager and she will UP my paycheck or promote me to a larger location so I'll get more tips. hahaha. Dream dream dream.


Till then.


No comments: