+ Pages +

Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's been awhile

*breathe*

Wow. It's really been so long since I have even had time to actually sit and chill at home. Work has taken a toll on my life. I'd wake up at 5am for work. Stand all day for 8hours for my cashier shift and be exhausted by the time I leave. I either go home after at, or meet up with friends. By 9pm, I would already feel like passing out, which is absolutely ridiculous just because I am freaking in. My early 20s and it makes no sense for me to not have ANY night life at all. How pathetic :(
I'm not saying that I would love to go out partying every night. Its just that most of my peers would hang out at night, and of course I wouldn't be able to join them just because I would have my usual excuse, 'eh, I have to wake up at 5 am'.

I am looking to quit my job soon. Hopefully, if I book this other catering gig that I interviewed for couple of days ago, just because I need to have time for myself for auditions in the morning, and some me time at night. I can't do that with a 8 hour everyday job. I certainly don't mind long hours, but if I can't even get out for an audition, it defeats the purpose of me being in NYC.

On a brighter note, I landed myself with a holiday show which will be running for a week on the second week of December. Yay. Won't be getting paid :( But the good news is that at this point of my life, I don't quite care just because I need to keep performing, getting more exposure and of course adding more unto my peewee resume so that I can apply for my artist visa next year. Hopefully everything works itself out.

I have pictures to upload soon! Just didn't have time to sit with my laptop and upload anything. But yes, soon my loves.

Till then, wish me luck. It's about time to move on.

2 comments:

EmElbee said...

It's a drag when work interferes with pleasure, isn't it? It seem clear that you're a very hard-working person. There's nothing but Good that will come from that.

Wish you Luck? Luck is what happens when preparation meets Opportunity. In your profession, this should be changed to be "Luck is what happens when preparation AND TALENT meet Opportunity.

You're doing all the right things. You don't need no stinkin' luck.
-- Bill

*YenN* said...

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your encouragements. It really does drag sometimes. Oh well, I'm trying. Hopefully I'll land another job that gives me the flexibility.

:)

Thanks for your support!