+ Pages +

Monday, November 08, 2010

Change

15 weeks since I have moved to New York City and so many things have changed.
I had a 9 to 5 job for almost 3 months. Due to many factors, I decided that job was not for me. Beg you, I liked where I worked. The people and customers were nice and all but I was not happy with the management, the way they handled simple things that needed black and white. Also, there wasn't a point for me staying If I could not leave to go for auditions. That is my priority, and that was the first thing I told them when I got hired.

I finally left the job last Wednesday. Booked my first paid gig as a dancer along with 599 others at Times Square. We danced for R&B singer Ne-Yo and UK rapper Lady Sovereign. It was epic. As much as I was thrilled, it was only a one time thing. Now that that's done and over with, I'm on to my search for the next gig. I really do hope I get to book something soon. It's not that I am not doing anything else. I am currently involved in a Christmas Show and I will be filming for a NYU masters student film. But they are all volunteer work. I'm not complaining. Just stating the fact. A part of me really wonder how long more can I hold on to this for.

I had my first catering job last Thursday. Wasn't bad at all. I loved the people that I worked with. Almost 90% of them were actors, artists, and musicians. After working in an environment with a majority of minorities ( not that I hated it. In fact I really made some good friends. It just wasn't my crowd), it felt great to finally be in sync with everyone else. The downside of that catering job is that I don't get a set amount of hours. I need to get another part time job :(

It seems like I am complaining so much but I feel like I am going through a quarter life crisis. But then again, I think that as long as I am in this business, I will feel this way forever. Gotta get use to it. Life is hard and I need an out, at the same time stick to what I love doing. I keep telling myself, its only been 3 months and I can do better than this. Now that I have more time for auditions, let's hope something happens. And something will happen soon!

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

Mom and dad are visiting next week. I need more love right now.

No comments: