+ Pages +

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Walker Christmas

Aside from having a marvelous dinner party in conjunction of the holidays, Sam and I headed an hour west to his family's to celebrate Christmas. Just like last year, I got to sing in the choir at the local church which I really enjoy. I cannot recall a Christmas without performing in church. I have been doing it every since I could spit words out of my mouth!! In fact, I think the first solo I had was when I was about 6 or 7 at the First Baptist Church. I was going to sing 'Silent Night' on Christmas eve and being the excited kid I was, I practiced every day until I lost my voice the day of. Boo.
Worst, the pastors daughter who was about a year or two older than I am said that I ruined the entire performance because I sounded like a frog. Hah! How mean kids can be.


Anyways, here's the super tall tree!!


Look at all the presents underneath!
I had a lot of wonderful presents myself this year :)



A traditional Walker Christmas dinner.
Really Juicy Roast Beef, Homemade Gravy, Scalloped Potatoes, Honey Glazed Carrots, Steamed Broccoli with Homemade Hollandaise Sauce, and Yorkshire Pudding.


 Yorkshire Pudding
The first time I had Yorkshire Pudding was also this time last year when Sam's mum made it for Christmas.
One word, amazing. Must be all the butter. That's why you only have it once a year :)



The pretty table setting. China plates, silverware, and crystal goblets.



Dinner Guests



Look how pretty the tree is at night!
You almost don't see the old school C7 lights anymore now that LED lights took over. 



The best part of Christmas away from the city.
A real fireplace. I love the crackling of the logs and the warmth that it brings. So good. 





Truly, best Christmas in the States :)


3 days till 2012!!!!
Any resolutions?

No comments: