+ Pages +

Monday, March 05, 2012

Jersey Boys

Been a while since I've seen a musical.
Thanks to Sam's mum, Sam, Cheryl, Lynn and I got to see Jersey Boys on Broadway yesterday at the August Wilson Theatre. A light-hearted juke box musical about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.

For those who are still not familiar with Frankie Valli, he was the lead singer of the major hit group in the 50's who originated the song Can't take my eyes off youWalk like a man, and many many other hits.









Daddy, would love this musical just like how mum loved Mamma Mia. Totally their time.



Sam & I


Roomies *hearts*



I am awed by what defines a hit back in the 50's and now. Everything back then was about the beautiful harmonies that tie the song together, and now everything is about the beat and auto-tune. Not that I think it sucks. It is just so different now. You can practically create an entire track with electronic percussion and make it a hit these days. What will it be in another 50 years? How would our children look at Beyonce and David Guetta?


What is your favorite oldies hit?

No comments: