+ Pages +

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A little advice.


I've been catching up with a specific individual that I have not seen in 6 months and it seems so refreshing to talk to a person who looks at life in such a different light.

I generally tend to be a little more self-conscious whenever I do things. As much as I hate to admit, I can be a big (pardon my french) pussy scary-cat when it comes to putting myself out there. My dear sisters Lynn and Cheryl knows, and have tried pushing me to do all those Youtube Videos and etc. I try, but I also know that deep down inside, I don't try hard enough because I am afraid as of what my peers would think of me. I have many friends who are in the same field as me subscribing to my channel and many of them do sing better, how can I not feel self conscious whenever I do a cover of a song?

So J, whom I met for dinner on Friday basically laid down everything on the table and gave me a lecture on how we only live once and God took 9 months to form us to the best we can be. There is no need to look down on ourselves because we already have other people doing that for us. I guess the whole Asian way of being humble and gracious has caught on to me and somehow took a little more space than it should. There should be a balance between humility and confidence (which I lack). J is seriously an inspiration, she strives hard to reach her goals and it made me realize that i am not trying hard enough. I needed 10 % of her persistence and that'll do it for me.





“You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.” 
― Marilyn Monroe


“I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night — there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest.” 
― Marilyn Monroe



“This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babve, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up becuase if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.” 
― Marilyn Monroe





As of now, I am in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. 


View from my room. A cafe (Yay coffee!), and a creamery (Death to my diet!)



My cute little room with a mini bed and yes, a HUGE window!!








Starting rehearsals tomorrow for my dream musical, Miss Saigon. Wish me luck! :)
xoxo









No comments: